Cognitive Biases, Statistics and Methodology
- “Using Statistical Methodologies in Detection of Cheating in Academic Integrity Cases.” by Steve Graham
- Cheating Detection: Statistical, Legal and Policy Implications. David J Dwyer and Dr. Jeffrey B. Hecht
- American Statistical Association for consultants.
- Support for Forensic Science Research from The National Academies. You'll need to login as "Guest" to download this free pdf.
- Strengthening Forensic Science in the United States: A Path Forward from The National Academies. You'll need to login as "Guest" to download this free pdf.
- The Conduct System and Its Influence on Student Learning by Matthew T. Stimpson and Steven M. Janosik (Journal of College Student Development, January 2015, Vol. 56, No. 1)
- The Making of an Expert by Ericsson, Prietula, and Cokely (Harvard Business Review)
- Knowing with Certainty: The Appropriateness of Extreme Confidence by Fischhoff, Slovic, and Lichtenstein. (Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance)
- How We Know What Isn't So by Thomas Gilovich
- The Honest Truth About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone - Especially Ourselves by Dan Ariely
- Experts in Uncertainty by Roger M. Cooke
- The Effects of Graduate Training on Reasoning by Lehman, Lempert, and Nisbett
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling, Anna Rosling Ronnlund, Olga Rosling
- FIRE's Guide to Due Process and Campus Justice
- Hard Facts for Students RE Cheating, Plagiarism, and Other Academic Integrity Violations by Christine C. McCall
- Alan Charles Kors, and Harvey A. Silverglate. The Shadow University: The Betrayal of Liberty on America's Campuses. New York: The Free Press, 1998. Pay particular attention to Part IV.
- Corum v. University of North Carolina. Qualified immunity.
- The Weekly Standard: What Happens When the Govt Lies About You In Court
- "...in every contract there exists an implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing." Kirke La Shelle Company v. The Paul Armstrong Company et al. 263 N.Y. 79; 188 N.E. 163; 1933 N.Y., the New York Court of Appeals
- Steve Graham's Blog
- Papelino v. Albany Coll. of Pharmacy of Union Univ., 633 F.3d 81, 86-87 (2d Cir. 2011).
- Boehm v. Univ. of Pennsylvania Sch. of Veterinary Med., 392 Pa. Super. 502, 573 A.2d 575 (1990).
- Statistics in the Law (2008) by Joseph B. Kadane.
- Alexander C. McFarlane, “The long-term costs of traumatic stress: intertwined physical and psychological consequences,” World psychiatry : official journal of the World Psychiatric Association (WPA) vol. 9,1 (2010): 3-10. doi:10.1002/j.2051-5545.2010.tb00254.x
- Harrison Wein, "Stress Hormone Causes Epigenetic Changes," NIH Research Matters, September 27, 2010.
Articles by Dr. Lisa Bullard, Chemical Engineering Teaching Professor, NCSU
- Using a Role-Play Video to Convey Expectations about Academic Integrity, Advances in Engineering Education, Winter 2011, Bullard and Melvin
- Seeing Is Believing: Using A Role Play Video To Establish Expectations For Academic Integrity, 2009 ASEE Peer, Annual Conference and Exposition, Melvin and Bullard
- A Student-Centered Approach to Teaching Material and Energy Balances 2. Course Delivery and Assessment. Chem. Engr, Education, Vol. 41, No.3, Summer 2007, Bullard and Felder. Digital photos of CHE 205 students were taken holding their name tent cards.
- Ten Years in the Trenches: an Updated Suite of Scenario-based Academic Integrity Videos Paper presented at 2018 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Salt Lake City, Utah, Melvin and Bullard.
- Bullard – “Structured Autobiographies – A Tool for Promoting Students’ Self-Awareness and Success” Fall 2016
- Senior Slide Show 2009 Waste Management and Liberal Studies Note: This slideshow is on Dr. Bullard's NCSU webpage. Slides 2 and 3 label "Liberal Studies" students/programs as "weak" and divert them to "waste management."
- "Academic Integrity: Minimizing Cheating on Homework."
Dr. Lisa Zapata, Senior Associate Vice Chancellor, NCSU
- "Five-Year Review of DASA, March 2017" Note slide 43.